British Columbia has the best camping grounds in North America wherein two main categories of campgrounds exist.
- Government run-there are different levels that is provincial parks, municipalities, federal parks, districts and regional parks which have public grounds in their jurisdictions.
- Privately run-these sites are part of chain system that is holiday trails or they can be run independently.
Among other features, these camp grounds have a portable water source and a pit toilet. The best BC camp grounds feature washroom facilities, which come with flush toilets, hot water, and the option to use the games room, laundry, and of course the best showers.
Some of the best camp grounds include:
- Cultus Lake Provincial Park – this is located an hour from Vancouver near Chilliwack and its easily accessible from northern Washington.
- Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park – this is a huge sandy beach, rocky beach, gorgeous sunsets, a kids playground, kite flying, bird watching. This is located in Vancouver.
- Shuswap Lake Provincial Park – this is a large friendly family campground along shores of beautiful shuswap lake, east of Kamloops.
- Porpoise bay in less than 45 minute Langdale ferry takes you from the lower mainland to sunshine coast. Just north of Sechelt this is very popular and good sized campground. Amenities tidal zones and an isthmus for exploring, sandy beaches and three communal campfires.
Camping in British Columbia is the best adventure ever and the cost is affordable according to campground you like visiting. The official provincial tourism website can be used to make all bookings (Hello BC) although most regions have their own distinctive tourism websites look for tourism british columbia.
Equipment to carry:
- A water jug
- comfortable clothes
- pen knife
- Flash light, it can get pretty dark at night and you might need to get to the washroom
- Folding camp chairs
British Columbia holds plenty of fun for you and family so pack light and get all the essentials before loading up.
Make sure you check out affordable cabin rentals in BC.